EUHubs4Data open call
The overarching objective of EUHubs4Data is to create the reference federation in Europe for Big Data cross-border experimentation and innovation, providing a complete pan-European catalogue of data sources and services to foster data driven innovation at local and regional level. To achieve this objective, EUHubs4Data is structured around four phases that work in an iterative way:
- The setting up of the federation;
- The definition and refinement of the catalogue of data driven services and federated data sources to be offered;
- The Involvement of SMEs through open calls to define experiments and be end users of the federated catalogue;
- The definition of models for growth and sustainability of the federation once the project is finished.
Within the third phase, EUHubs4Data aims to launch three open calls to attract European companies to use the services of the federation and propose a set of cross-border experiments.
The experiments should have a three-fold objective:
- Testing the service delivery and provisioning model.
- Showing and creating awareness among the companies about the benefits of using the federated catalogue of services.
- Using the exploitation of the results from the experiments as a model to define a plan aimed at attracting end users beyond the cascade funding phase.
EUHubs4Data will support up to 42 experiments through a total of three open calls in the coming three years, distributing a total amount of €2.52M among the beneficiaries, for a total of €6.26M including support to the experiments from DIHs and other services that directly benefit the involved companies.
- 18th December 2020, 12:00 CET,
- 12th January 2021, 12:00 CET
Registration for the webinar: https://euhubs4data.eu/informative-webinars/
Expected duration: 9 months
Budget: Maximum budget for DIHs participating in the experiment of €70,000. The total maximum budget for each experiment will be €130,000 (€70,000 for the DIHs participating in the experiments as data and service provider and coach, and €60,000 for the open call beneficiary).
Deadline for proposals: 8th February 2021
Link: Application criteria, more info and how to apply can be found here: https://euhubs4data.eu/1st-open-call/